Dryer Vent Cleaning In Austin
When a dryer vent is clogged or dirty it can cause your dryer to run longer and increase your monthly gas and electric bill. At Organic Carpet Care, our trained professionals are able to remove the built up lint and debris and have your dryer running more efficiently. We’ve all ran into situations where a dryer isn’t drying like it’s supposed to. This is often due to built up lint and dirty vents. However, dryer vent cleaning services aren’t simply about the efficiency of our home appliances.
On top of the benefit of saving on your monthly bills, a clean dryer vent also lowers the risk of house fires. According to the National Fire Protections Association (NFPA), from 2006-2010 one out of every 22 house fires were caused by washing and drying machines, and the leading cause of these fires was failure to clean the dryer vent. Additionally, the U.S. Fire Administration states that 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated five deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss. Here, too, a failure to clean the dryer is the leading cause of home clothes dryer fires. It is key to the safety of your home to get regular dryer vent cleaning and inspection. Organic Carpet Care is here to help.
It’s essential that dryer vents are cleaned and inspected on a regular basis. But, how do you know when the time has come for your next vent cleaning service? Well, there are a handful of signs that you can look out for.
Here are a few items to look for that may indicate it is time for dryer vent cleaning services:
- Your laundry takes longer than usual to dry
- The dryer gets very hot when running a cycle
- There is access lint in the traps or around the back of the dryer.
- There is moisture coming from the dryer.
- There is little or no air flow coming through the outside exhaust hud.
All of these are indications that your dryer vent is blocked and in need of dryer vent cleaning. Our team is experienced and equipped to handle any size job. We use a specially designed “Skipper Ball” that utilizes 150psi to force the debris and lint down into a vacuum system, without damaging your dryer vent. This method is as effective as many other professional techniques without the risk of using dangerous chemicals or tools that can damage your home. It also helps to eliminate bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, spores, yeasts, allergens, and odors and off gassing from new household materials.If you’d like more information on our dryer vent cleaning services, please contact us today and speak to one of our knowledgeable and friendly team members!
Tips for Keeping Your Home Safe
Here are some recommended strategies from the U.S. Fire Administration for keeping your dryer and home safe from fires:
- Have your clothes dryer installed by a professional.
- Make sure the correct electrical plug and outlet are used.
- Ensure that the dryer is connected properly.
- Read the manufacturers’ instructions and warnings
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry.
- Clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
- Clean lint out of the vent pipe every three months.
- Have your dryer cleaned regularly by a professional, especially if it is taking longer than normal for clothes to dry.
- Regular maintenance is essential.
- Inspect the venting system behind the dryer to ensure it is not damaged or restricted.
- Put a covering on the outside wall dampers to keep out rain, snow, and dirt.
- Make sure the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is on.
- Replace coiled-wire foil or plastic venting with rigid, non-ribbed metal duct.
- Have gas-powered dryers inspected every year by a professional to ensure that the gas line and connection are together and free of leaks.
- Check regularly to make sure nests of small animals and insects are not blocking the outside vent.
- Keep the area around the clothes dryer free of items that can burn.
- If you will be away from home for an extended time, unplug or disconnect the dryer.
These tips will help ensure that you and your family are safe. As mentioned, professional cleaning is one of the most effective ways to prevent house fires. Organic Carpet Care is here to help. Contact us for a quote and for new client specials!